Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is this called and how do I get it in latex?

  1. Nov 4, 2011 #1
    What is this kind of diagram actually called? And how does one produce this in latex?

    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2011 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

    They are often called "commutative diagrams" (even when they aren't commutative!)

    See http://www.jmilne.org/not/CDGuide.html for some LaTeX packages to draw them. xymatrix is about the simplest that would handle your example.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook