What is this new "Style Chooser"?

• Bug
  • Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary, there is a button called "Style Chooser" located at the bottom left of every page on the website. Clicking on it shows three different styles, but the user did not see any visible changes when trying them out. They asked if this was due to the website being under development or if a new style was being applied. Another user mentioned that they do not see the "Style Chooser" button, only a "CHANGE WIDTH" button. The first user then clarified that the "Style Chooser" button is now gone, and provided additional information about their browser and operating system. A third user suggested looking at a previous version of the website to see the "Style Chooser" button.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
At the bottom of every page, on the left-hand side, there is a button: "Style Chooser".

On clicking, it shows three different styles:

1589151953621.png

I tried each of them but nothing visibly changed.

Is this something under development, or is a new style being applied and I can't see it @Greg Bernhardt ? Are you planning a dark theme for PF?

Physics news on Phys.org
I see nothing at the bottom of a page showing "Style Chooser". I do see something on the bottom left saying "CHANGE WIDTH", and this does actually alter the width of the parts of the page among two different settings. I am on Windows Vista and a Chrome-based browser at this moment in case this helps to know.

Greg Bernhardt said:
That is in error, is the selector still there?
It's gone now.

symbolipoint said:
I see nothing at the bottom of a page showing "Style Chooser". I do see something on the bottom left saying "CHANGE WIDTH", and this does actually alter the width of the parts of the page among two different settings. I am on Windows Vista and a Chrome-based browser at this moment in case this helps to know.
Look at the footer in the capture by wayback machine from a day back. Beside "Change Width", you will find "Style Chooser".

1. What is a "Style Chooser"?

A "Style Chooser" is a feature that allows users to easily customize the appearance of a website or application by selecting different styles or themes.

2. How does the "Style Chooser" work?

The "Style Chooser" typically works by providing users with a selection of pre-designed styles or themes to choose from. Once a style is selected, it will be applied to the website or application, changing the colors, fonts, layout, and other design elements.

3. Why is a "Style Chooser" useful?

A "Style Chooser" can be useful for users who want to personalize the look of a website or application to their own preferences. It can also be helpful for those with visual impairments, as it allows for easier customization and potentially better accessibility.

4. Can I create my own styles for the "Style Chooser"?

It depends on the specific implementation of the "Style Chooser." Some may allow users to create and save their own custom styles, while others may only offer a set selection of pre-designed styles to choose from.

5. Is the "Style Chooser" available on all websites and applications?

No, the "Style Chooser" is not a standard feature and may not be available on all websites and applications. It is up to the website or application developer to implement this feature.