What Is Twiddlooding and Why Do We Love Tactile Activities?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
Do you like to twiddle? i can not pass an elastic band without picking it up and twiddling it, or a pebble, any thing that is tactile.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I fiddle with anything and everything that's nearby while I'm doing something. I used to fiddle with nail clippers all the time, I kept dropping them on my computer, and my old laptop has a lot of little nicks from it
 
Gale said:
I play with scissors.


Errrr gulp.
 
NeoDevin said:
I fiddle with anything and everything that's nearby while I'm doing something. I used to fiddle with nail clippers all the time, I kept dropping them on my computer, and my old laptop has a lot of little nicks from it

I like nail clippers too. And tweezers. I like to cut things into little pieces, then pick them up, and pile them into little sculptures.

I also make things with food.
 
I'm the same, hands constantly moving looking for something to do. Any bits of paper nearby live in danger of being torn, twisted and folded into new shapes. Also, I find it difficult to think without a pen and paper to hand for random doodling.
Are doodling and twiddling related ?
 
kmbrow said:
I'm the same, hands constantly moving looking for something to do. Any bits of paper nearby live in danger of being torn, twisted and folded into new shapes. Also, I find it difficult to think without a pen and paper to hand for random doodling.
Are doodling and twiddling related ?

Do you doodle while you twiddle?


-----------------
Are doodling and twiddling related ?

add: only by hand shaking
 
Last edited:
rewebster said:
Do you doodle while you twiddle?


Thats twiddlooding.