What is your best/worst grade at school

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation revolved around the participants discussing their best and worst grades in various subjects. One person mentioned their best grade being a C in maths and ICT, while another shared their best grade being a B with no worst grades. They also discussed their experiences with different subjects and how their grades varied from low to high. Some also mentioned getting failing grades in certain subjects, while others had improved in their grades over time.
hbk4894
Mine

Best - C in maths and ICT

Worst - F in Geography.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your best grade is a C? I really hope you find out what it is that is bothering you and that you'll be able to fix this issue.

Likes Student100
OK my best grade was B and I had no worst grades, as I was only failed the classes. My teachers said C was the worst, and A was the best. I was an average student. I guess it was because I always thought outside the box and so my studies was always done also far away from the exam contents.

mostly A's and B's but I might have gotten a C once.

micromass said:
Your best grade is a C? I really hope you find out what it is that is bothering you and that you'll be able to fix this issue.

That was unnecessary!

Well I'm sorry. I didn't mean it in a bad way.

What's ICT? Is that a UK thing?

http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-applied-information-and-communication-technology-9713/past-papers/

reasonably new; it wasn't around when I was at school. We just had boring old maths, physics, biology and chemistry..

hbk4894 said:
Mine

Best - C in maths and ICT

Worst - F in Geography.

As an undergraduate I got a C in linear algebra. Twenty years later as a graduate student I not only got an A, I was the best in a class of sixty grad students: finished the final first, got everything right, impressed the professor, hardly studied, etc. Unfortunately linear algebra was the only thing I was good at. I sucked at all other forms of algebra.

Likes Rintintin
Excluding the ones on the last year when I had too many disciplines to complete, and took 10/20 in some, my second worst was 12/20 in experimental Physics. Really hated those lab classes, and even more so the teachers who hardly knew more Physics than undergraduates and couldn't explain the methods well. Best was 19/20 in some programming classes.

Worst I ever had was 5/20.
The best was 19/20 for an intro programming course (C).

In fact I scored every outcome between my lowest and highest. My only regret is that I never had a 20/20.

C = Intro to Social Work (elective) lol

A = Statistical Math, Anatomy and Phys etc

I was held back in Kindergarten, so I suppose this is an F. In college, I covered the entire spectrum from D- to A- (no clear A's). In graduate school I earned about 2/3 A's and 1/3 B's. In various courses as an unenrolled student at the grad level I earned a B+, two Bs (in one case the Professor told me he reported a B- and then changed his mind to a B. I went back to him to make sure this was not a mistake. He told me it was no mistake. That is the first time that happened. Usually when a professor reports the low grade to the student, and the student accepts it, he has no reason to change it. I was not in the program so I did not need the grade anyway, it was just for enrichment. This is the first time that happened.), two more B-'s (one; a course I had to take at work, and one a summer course I did not need) and one C-. I suppose I covered the entire spectrum.

I got an E in As level maths, which is equivalent to first year of high school I think.

And I got 86% in mathematical methods for physics 2 at the end of last year...

Things have picked up :)

Got an E for GCSE art once.
In my defense that was a very hard course and I was very laz..waiit.

What is your best grade at school?

My best grade at school was an A+. I achieved this grade in my English class.

What is your worst grade at school?

My worst grade at school was a D. I received this grade in my math class.

What subject did you struggle with the most in school?

I struggled the most with science in school. I found it difficult to understand the concepts and often needed extra help from my teachers.

What subject did you excel in the most in school?

I excelled the most in history in school. I enjoyed learning about different cultures and events throughout time, and was able to retain information easily.

How did your grades in school impact your career as a scientist?

My grades in school were crucial in my career as a scientist. They helped me gain admission to a good university and provided a strong foundation for my studies. Additionally, good grades showed my dedication and hard work, which are important qualities in the field of science.