What is your favorite planet of the solar system?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 4K views
bellocchiocarmel
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
What is?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish and Delta2
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thanks for this nice question, for me I have to choose between Neptune(because it is blue) and Saturn (because of what else the rings). I think I ll choose Neptune, I like a lot the blue colour :D.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: weirdoguy and ccivish
Earth. Because without it, I'd have to look for a new job.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish, dkotschessaa, 1oldman2 and 1 other person
Pluto, to protest its demotion. Besides, you have to love a planet named after Mickey Mouse's dog.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish, fresh_42, dkotschessaa and 1 other person
Vanadium 50 said:
Pluto, to protest its demotion. Besides, you have to love a planet named after Mickey Mouse's dog.
It's also got the cutest little heart on it ❤️

Mine would be Mars. No planet has captured our imagination like it and I'm certain I'll live long enough to watch humans walk on her surface.

I'm also quite fond of mighty Jupiter. The possibility of it nurturing biospheres on its moons fills me with a sense of wonder.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish
jbriggs444 said:
Earth. Because without it, I'd have to look for a new job.
darn it sole my answer!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish
I too prefer earth, it's the only planet that will put up with me.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish
Jupiter. Beyond weird. Love it.

It's also yuge.
 
newjerseyrunner said:
Mine would be Mars. No planet has captured our imagination like it and I'm certain I'll live long enough to watch humans walk on her surface.
Yep. Someone should go there and dig some channels ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ccivish
Venus, just because of the weird fact that it has only done one full orbit since its discovery
 
I give Pluto honorable mention, because it both rocks and rolls. Who doesn't love ice volcanoes? But, there is no place like home. 'Til we turn it into Venus...
 
Richard Thackray said:
Venus, just because of the weird fact that it has only done one full orbit since its discovery
One full orbit of what? And which discovery?
 
dkotschessaa said:
Jupiter. Beyond weird. Love it.

It's also yuge.

Seconded.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dkotschessaa
Uranus...the most underrated planet. It's my favorite :).
 
ccivish said:
One full orbit of what? And which discovery?
apologies. the reply was meant to say 2 not 1 and that since venus was discovered in the 1580s and an 2 rotations not orbits on its axis.