Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your favorite spell check mangling?

1. May 19, 2007 #1
    What is your favorite "spell check" mangling?

Often, when using various versions of "spell check," proper names will be associated as totally unrelated and comedic words. Do you have an example of such faux pas?

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2007 #2
    My last name was interpreted as "Blood."

4. May 19, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

In outlook I typed Super Bowl and spell check came back with "superb owl".

5. May 19, 2007 #4

Gza

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  6. May 19, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Another professional wrote in an email to me that I was write, rather than right. I had to read the sentence a couple of times to determine whether I was supposed to 'write' something. :rofl:

I have seen a few other funny one's but off hand can't remember where exactly, although there have been some funny errors in some technical documents or journal articles that I have reviewed.

7. May 20, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't remember any of the funny ones any more, but it's because of those annoyances that I turned spell check off. My typos are not nearly as scary as spell check's attempts at correcting the correctly-spelled, technical terms. :bugeye:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?