What is your favorite thrill or thrill ride?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 6K views


cronxeh said:
A haircut and a 6 year hitch

Although there is a nice solo accelerated freefall around here for $285. You need to take like a 6 hour class though

I think this is what I should be looking for :smile: I don't mind the class, just, is it included in the price? I'll talk with my mate about it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Ivan Seeking said:
Who here has the need for speed?

I used to. After flying combat aircraft for twenty years, I've had my fair share.

What is your favorite thrill or thrill ride?

I prefer reading a good book on my balcony after breakfast these days, and with a good cup of coffee.
 


I jumped out of a plane with a little man strapped to my back once. I would suggest taking the classes to go solo and steal the little mans parachute, good idea on his part to have that.

airborne18 said:
Rappelling is fun. Not the indoors rock climbing wall stuff, but rappelling from a railroad tressel or bridge. I did a lot of rappelling in the military and loved it.

It also does not cost a lot. The ropes are the most expensive outlay. Well unless you want to rent a helicopter and rappell out the door, which I highly recommend.

Can we carry paint ball guns and find a boat load of tourists?
 


Andre said:
My two biggest thrills

One: doing 600 knots at 100 feet altitude above Harp Lake (Labrador), way down there
F4 pilot I worked for told me he was doing similar once upon a time (~100 ft) in formation out over the Gulf of Mexico. He was trying to show off a bit to his CO/wingman at the time and was consequently totally focused on closing up the formation to inches, ignoring all else but that gap, and caught a momentary flash in his peripheral vision immediately off the opposite wing. To a "what was that" query, his CO replied, "sailboat, 'bout a 100 ft mast". That went into his 'thrilling' basket.
 


I thought I would add a few links of video's, first, for flyboys... the passenger beebopping at 1:20 or so just kills me, he is having so much calculated fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprRB4MAZPU&feature=related

This one adds new meaning to: "in the dirt"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ZzGzoX5U8&feature=fvw

Commercial pilots too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJULO94QOU4&feature=related

Can you say... photoshop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgqGly5RBRE&feature=related

No thanks, I will skip this one..



Over a football field, 351 feet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVPBg0MtIvI&feature=related

world record high dive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHkyMh9FW4&feature=related

138 mph on a bicycle, no thanks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLRDRzMWIsg&feature=related

This I might try...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r0pROzHY5M&feature=fvw

World's fastest train...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4zn-qw1oM&feature=related

This is my favorite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sM2wUcobxw&feature=related

Lucky to be alive... not much else to say about this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YWbgYyGX7g&feature=related

Squirrel suits...



Plane to plane skydive (chase plane uses drag chute to match velocity of diver)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGphGbJool4&feature=related

What ? 500 person skydive... unreal... Bankok, Thailand, 1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIPNmizMAg&feature=related

This is what they call, a whipper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHQ9pWEG9dE&feature=related

Another tribute to Reinhold Messner... couldn't resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwTCDMirTjY&feature=related

Pick your favorite, or supply one of your own...

Rhody...:cool:

P.S. and finally... BMW 1000RR, have one on order, black, with custom paint, tank = black, swingarm = flat black powder coat, plus about 1K's worth of extra's,
one of a kind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_XMjOhXks&feature=related
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Ahah.. wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lswp-hZGYac