1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What must i do from now to ensure i get my degree in physics

1. Oct 28, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone. Physics is my passion. Ever since the beginning of this year I've read 2 books in physics (a brief history of time & a universe from nothing), which is a big accomplishment for me considering it was was first 2 books that I've read. Although i didn't understand much, the parts i did understand i found fascinating. Im in grade 10 now, and 19 years of age. Im willing to put the hard work in although maths and physics isn't very intuitive to me. What must i do from now to ensure i will make it through university and get my degree in physics, hopefully even masters.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2015 #2
    The answers depend a bit on where you are. In most places, there are college entrance exams that you will need to perform well on in math and science. You need to work very hard in the math and science courses you are in now to prepare for those.

Admission to university and paying for it are two obstacles that come next. Then there is the task of succeeding in one course at a time en route to a physics major. Plan on two or three hours of hard work outside of class for each class hour.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook