Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What people here thought about ebaumsworld.com

1. Feb 11, 2006 #1
    I was wondering what people here thought about ebaumsworld.com and all the controversity that surrounds the site...

i am a personally a fan of http://www.ebaumsworldsucks.com/
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2006 #2
    An interesting site. None of the content is his and he makes millions.
  4. Feb 11, 2006 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's the controversy on the site?
  5. Feb 11, 2006 #4

Science Advisor

I usually check it once a week, just to see any funny videos that have popped up.

Like Monique asked, what controversy?

Greg: He really makes millions off of his site? Holy crud.
  6. Feb 11, 2006 #5
  7. Feb 11, 2006 #6

Science Advisor

That is amazing. I never knew. I always pictured EBaum as an older 50+ guy that had nothing better to do. I have to admit that I am torn on the intellectual property angle. A lot of the stuff he has, I have seen on countless other sites. I am sure none of those other sites pay any kind of royalties to the originator of the work. Why is EBaum any different? Because he's made money from advertising? I understand why people would be mad at him, but that means they have to go after EVERY site, not just the ones that make money.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  8. Feb 11, 2006 #7
    From Ebaumworldsucks.com

Screwing over Owners:

Permission Denied
  9. Feb 11, 2006 #8
  10. Feb 22, 2006 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, the way intellectual property laws work, the only people you can go after for infringement are those who are making some sort of money off it. Of course, if all they make is 10 cents, you can still mire them in legal proceedings to get that 10 cents, but usually it's only the big fish making a lot of money that folks go after because it's worth the legal expenses to get the money they've been making.
  11. Feb 23, 2006 #10
    Seems like ebaumsworldsucks.com really hates ebaum, that flash animation is funny, lol.
  12. Mar 9, 2006 #11
    the thing is bauman isn't making a little money he is making millions
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?