What scripts do websites like unitednuclear.com use?

In summary, using different languages for different tasks can make your site more powerful and portable.
lonely_nucleus
I recently finished a course of html and css at codeacademy.com and I think I learned a lot from that but I do not feel prepared to make websites that can, for example, load another page when a button is clicked.
Overall I want to know what type of languages are used to program sites like unitednuclear.com. Does that site use html/css, php, javascript or a combination of them?
Objective is to be able to make a website as advanced as unitednuclear.com or something similar.

Technology news on Phys.org
The three major server-side languages are java as servlets and/or jsps, php and more recently node.js.

Node.js is interesting in that it allows to code in javascript on the server and within your web page whereas other solutions are a mixture of multiple languages.

jedishrfu said:
The three major server-side languages are java as servlets and/or jsps, php and more recently node.js.

Node.js is interesting in that it allows to code in javascript on the server and within your web page whereas other solutions are a mixture of multiple languages.
Would php allow new pages to load if a button were clicked?

No, You need to use Javascript to tell the browser what to do when a button is clicked. PHP is for rendering or server-side work.

There are different kinds of sites, the one that you specified is more UI based. These are usually mostly Java, Javascript, PHP, and HTML[5]. Most of the work is done via forms and scripts that execute on the browser. These are falling out of favor because they are not portable, the business functionality and the UI are completely dependent on each other.

Then you have a service based style. In these, there is a small amount of Javascript and PHP displaying things and handling browser events, but instead of asking the webserver for a new page, they give the webserver a REST/RPC request, which then launches a PHP (usually) script to do work, or interact with a database.

What language you pick usually depends on what you want to do. NodeJS for example is really nice for services that you want to return, then continue doing work behind the scenes. PHP is really nice because it interacts with the linux system so smoothly, but its single threaded. Hell, I once wrote a web server in C because I needed more speed our of image recognition software.

1. What is the purpose of scripts on websites like unitednuclear.com?

Scripts on websites like unitednuclear.com are used to add dynamic and interactive elements to the website, such as pop-up windows, animations, and forms. They also allow for the website to respond to user input and make changes to the displayed content without needing to reload the entire page.

2. What programming languages are commonly used for scripts on websites?

The most commonly used programming languages for scripts on websites are JavaScript, PHP, and Python. However, other languages such as Ruby, Java, and C++ can also be used depending on the specific needs and preferences of the website developer.

3. How do scripts affect the performance of a website?

Scripts can have a significant impact on the performance of a website. Poorly written or excessive scripts can slow down page loading times and make the website less responsive. It is important for website developers to optimize and carefully select the scripts they use to ensure optimal performance.

4. Are scripts necessary for all websites?

No, scripts are not necessary for all websites. Basic websites with mostly static content may not require any scripts. However, for websites that aim to provide a more engaging and interactive user experience, scripts are essential.

5. Are there any security concerns associated with using scripts on websites like unitednuclear.com?

Yes, there can be security concerns associated with using scripts on websites. If the scripts are not properly written or validated, they can be vulnerable to attacks such as cross-site scripting (XSS) or SQL injection. It is important for website developers to implement proper security measures and regularly update their scripts to prevent such attacks.