1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I ask for salary wise?

1. Apr 1, 2010 #1
    Hello all.

I'm a young kid just starting out in the corporate world. I've been busting my *** for my family and I have to say that I've been doing a good job. I work full time and I'm working on a BS in Electrical Engineering.

An amazing opportunity has come up at work and I will definitely take advantage of it. Basically, this is a promotion into management of a couple of people and a department that sells in the millions yearly.

What kind of raise should I expect? What should I ask for salary wise?

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2010 #2
    Do you truly want to work in management? Or are you just in it for the money?

4. Apr 1, 2010 #3
    I'm into advancing within the company. My degree is applicable to the core business strategies and once I get it, that will boost my worth even more.

This is a great move for me. The job is mine. I am just inexperienced in the corporate world and I am trying to make sure I don't settle for less than I should. I wish I had someone I can speak to, but I don't. Hence, I come to the net to see if I can get some insight...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook