Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I ask for salary wise?

1. Apr 1, 2010 #1
    Hello all.

I'm a young kid just starting out in the corporate world. I've been busting my *** for my family and I have to say that I've been doing a good job. I work full time and I'm working on a BS in Electrical Engineering.

An amazing opportunity has come up at work and I will definitely take advantage of it. Basically, this is a promotion into management of a couple of people and a department that sells in the millions yearly.

What kind of raise should I expect? What should I ask for salary wise?

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2010 #2
    Do you truly want to work in management? Or are you just in it for the money?

4. Apr 1, 2010 #3
    I'm into advancing within the company. My degree is applicable to the core business strategies and once I get it, that will boost my worth even more.

This is a great move for me. The job is mine. I am just inexperienced in the corporate world and I am trying to make sure I don't settle for less than I should. I wish I had someone I can speak to, but I don't. Hence, I come to the net to see if I can get some insight...

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook