Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I do for a three week break for Christmas?

1. Nov 17, 2014 #1
    what should i do for a three week break for Christmas?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2014 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You're 13, right? We should let members know that first. :)

4. Nov 17, 2014 #3
    Calculate more digits of π. Five is nothing for a real geek.

5. Nov 17, 2014 #4

ChrisVer

Gold Member

practice some acts...
    or read a normal book...

6. Nov 17, 2014 #5

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor

You're 13. Grab a camera and go outside taking pictures of houses with the number 13 on them. Every day take exactly 13 pictures, never of the same house twice. Do that for 13 days, and use the rest to put the pictures together in a portfolio, presentation, mosaic, slideshow, or some other creative way.
    See if you can get 13 friends to do the same thing.

7. Nov 17, 2014 #6

Doug Huffman

Gold Member

13? Clean your room. LOL

8. Nov 17, 2014 #7

strangerep

Science Advisor

Apart from Doug Huffman's excellent suggestion (to which I'd add: resolve not to scream at, or otherwise disrespect, your long suffering elders, and try to be less of a selfish dick/twat at that time of year), I'd suggest: try to master something new.

Since you're posting at a physics forum, I presume you're interested in physics? How about maths? Are you interested enough in both those things to try some basic mathematical physics for yourself? E.g., special relativity?

9. Nov 17, 2014 #8
    am 15(just turned 15 few days ago) and i i like relativity a lot read a few books on it

10. Nov 17, 2014 #9

Evo

Happy birthday delta! Hope it was nice.

11. Nov 17, 2014 #10

strangerep

Science Advisor

OK, better than 13. :D

Have you encountered calculus yet? (You'll need it to start doing relativity properly...)

12. Nov 17, 2014 #11
    thank you Evo,and i have encountered a little bit of calculus mostly in books that i read in my free time not in school yet but will in a few years

13. Nov 17, 2014 #12
    Would you consider doing some kind of volunteer work?? It can be very rewarding. It also looks good on a college app. .)

14. Nov 17, 2014 #13
    Watch some movies and play some video games

15. Nov 17, 2014 #14

Astronuc

Certainly reading and movies are possibilities, or just hang out with friends and family. One could do volunteer work at a food kitchen.

Depending on where one lives, one could go to the beach. Most areas are probably cold, especially in the west and north, otherwise, I'd recommend hiking or climbing in the mountains.

If one has the income, one could go to the Caribbean or Central or S. America, or Africa, or Australia or NZ. I think one of my nieces is in Africa at the moment scouting out some business opportunities.

16. Nov 18, 2014 #15

Evo

Well, he's 15, maybe sailing to Bora Bora can wait a few years.

17. Nov 18, 2014 #16
    last year i got snowed in so winter break went to four weeks i might get a part time job,or go to Canada to visit family

18. Nov 18, 2014 #17

Danger

Gold Member

You could become an honorary Atheist and join my campaign to abolish Christmas before you get too deeply indoctrinated.

19. Nov 19, 2014 #18
    i am not a christian in the first place

20. Nov 19, 2014 #19

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Memorize an interesting poem.

21. Nov 21, 2014 #20
    what kind of poem,a epic like Dante's divine comedy?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook