What should I do with my spacetime model?

Ahmed1029
I created a model of spacetime based on an extension I added to the principle of relativity. I then derived the coordinate transformations which preserve the speed of light in all frames, which are different from the Lorentz transformation. I worked out the formulae for energy and momentum, and what's strange is that they become classical mechanics at low speeds, predict that the rest energy of a body is mc^2 just like relativity, and the momentum of the photon turns out to be correct, out of totally different eauations. Should I publish it at this point, or will I be thought of as a crank? What should I do now?

Answers and Replies

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
For homogeneous and isotropic space and time, there are only three possibilities: Newtonian space and time , Minkowski spacetime, or a Euclidean spacetime. See the link below. I'm sceptical you have found anything additionally valid.

http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~yakovenk/teaching/Lorentz.pdf

Likes topsquark, berkeman and Ahmed1029
Ahmed1029
I didn't include any assumptions about the nature of space in my formation, just that newly hypothesised premise and worked out the rest. What do you suggest I do to make sure that it's not just some fool's babble? I was ready to get rid of it in case it gave me wrong answers about fundemental values, but up till now the momentum of the photon and the rest energy are okay.

Ahmed1029
The model however makes time necessraily the same in all frames, yet length behaves in some weird fashion that depends on direction. This is all weird but the formulae turn out to be true in the regimes I'm familiar with.

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
The model however makes time necessraily the same in all frames, yet length behaves in some weird fashion that depends on direction.
If your mathematics is valid, the you might have a mathematical curiosity.

Likes topsquark
Ahmed1029
If your mathematics is valid, the you might have a mathematical curiosity.
The math is actually too simple to be wrong

berkeman
Mentor
Thread locked for Moderation...

Likes topsquark
I created a model of spacetime based on an extension I added to the principle of relativity. I then derived the coordinate transformations which preserve the speed of light in all frames, which are different from the Lorentz transformation. I worked out the formulae for energy and momentum, and what's strange is that they become classical mechanics at low speeds, predict that the rest energy of a body is mc^2 just like relativity, and the momentum of the photon turns out to be correct, out of totally different eauations. Should I publish it at this point, or will I be thought of as a crank? What should I do now?
This is not something we at PF can help with. PF is not for discussion of personal theories or personal research. If you want your model to be discussed here at PF, you need to get it published first. I do not think that will happen because, just from your description, it sounds like your model is not even wrong. But ultimately the decision of whether to try to get it published or not is up to you.

As for the question of whether you will be thought of as a crank, I think so after reading your description, because, as above, it sounds like your model is not even wrong. I suspect a lot of other people will agree.

Thread will remain closed.

• Love
Likes topsquark, russ_watters and Bystander

Suggested for: What should I do with my spacetime model?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views