1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to ask when visiting a university?

1. Apr 23, 2014 #1
    What to ask when visiting a university???

Hello everyone, tomorrow and friday I will be visiting a few different universities including UCSB, UCLA, UCR and UCI.

I have a meeting with a adviser of the undergraduate mathematics program and UC Santa Barbara. I do not believe she is an actual mathematician, just one of the staff, but there will be a peer advisior who I will most likely be able to talk to. What sort of questions should I ask? Can I mention that I am interested in a double major? Any advice on what to look for in a potential undergraduate university would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2014 #2
    Should probably ask about research and internship opportunities, depending on what you are going for.

4. Apr 23, 2014 #3

MarneMath

Education Advisor

Just a simple list off of the top of my head:

Potential for an undergraduate to be involved in research and give a presentation.
    Type of programs/jobs graduates go into after graduation.
    Number of people who transfer out of the program.
    Clubs/groups for undergraduates to meet other undergraduates.
    Resources the university provides to prepare a student for graduate school or the work force.
    Relations that the university may have with any companies.
    Ability and opportunity to take graduate level courses during your later years.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook