1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to do before going to college

1. Dec 23, 2007 #1
    HI all,

The upcoming spring semester, on january 15, i am going to start my undergrad studies at a us university (tlu). I am an international student though, so what i want to know is that what would be the best thing for me to do during these two weeks that are left before i travel to us for my studings. What i mean is that is it better if i just keep teaching myself math like i have been doing recently and reading books in english as a means of further improving my english skills, or just have fun, go out with my friends, visit my relatives(i havent done this for a long time though) and so on??

What are some of your experiences pertaining to this issue?

thnx in return
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2007 #2
    Don't waste your time studying.
  4. Dec 23, 2007 #3
    I personally have studied in France before. And every bit of French I learned before going over there helped enormously! I recommend having fun, but at the same time budgeting some time to practice reading, writing, and speaking English as much as you can.
  5. Dec 23, 2007 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

maybe you could go out with friends who will agree to speak only english.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?