What to do with child prodigy: Gabriel See ?

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
i voted to close it. that gives you an idea. i think this would be a better site of such useless and inappropriate threads were monitored and closed.

Nothing.

One does not a statistic make. And twice as much if the one is an outlier.
still think this kid is cool. Really inspired by him teaching himself through textbooks etc., kid's learning method = boss :blushing:

i voted to close it. that gives you an idea. i think this would be a better site of such useless and inappropriate threads were monitored and closed.
your blood is really boiling, dude. relax, bro. After all you don't HAVE to contribute to this thread. There are plenty of other threads in page 1 where people are seeking advice.

this kid's the real deal. thanks for sharing the article, OP. :smile:

Closing it is going to a bit too far, I think. It could be moved to General Discussion, seeing as there is no actual "advice" being passed on.

For the record: I found this little bit of information pretty cool. Not everyone gets to work with super smart ten year olds. The only eight-ten year olds I've seen as of late are two cute little girls who sing Abba. :)

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Agreed. GD is a better place for it. There's no reason to close it.

Someone else report it. I'm going to bed.

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
i agree. there was indeed some interesting information here, but it did not belong in academic guidance. good choice.

I heard from a coworker once that suicide/depression rates are much higher for child "prodigies", which many attribute to lacking social skills as they are pushed and pushed through the ranks.

Yea, like turbo said, this boy needs a life. How about spending a weekend away in the country, swimming in dams, rowing, hiking etc.? Why doesn't he climb trees, go swimming, play football ('soccer'), learn a musical instrument, paint, get a girlfriend. He's going to look back when he's 30 and say "OMG, where did my youth go?"