What treasures did Scott Chinery collect before his death?

  • Thread starter Thread starter The legend
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
62 replies · 14K views


Cyrus said:
I saw a nice black scagletti with a grey stripe down the hoodon the road the other day, a fine piece of machinery.

2010-Ferrari-Sports-Cars-612-Scaglietti-8.gif

Hey nice!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


http://www.autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20090904/CARREVIEWS/909049998/spyker-aileron.jpg

SPYKER

I can't decide whether I like it. It looks like a kids toy that came from China. On the road it looks hot. Well...at least old geezer hot.
 


Heres something great I saw from superhero movie(must see this movie too)(a good change from spiderman!)

superhero_movie.jpg


Here it is!

THE NISSAN SHITBOX
[PLAIN]http://blog.chosun.com/web_file/blog/393/8893/1/%5Bts%5Dsm.avi_001644598.jpg

By the way should this be in the fail post?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


i want a GT40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAnlMNvK8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVeGuCs1R4c
 


As a kid, I used to dream of owning one of these old mean beasties...

buick.png
This, I believe, is a '76 Buick Electra; one which has been nicely modified (slightly). Beautiful black paint job.
 


Here are the two ugliest vehicles I have ever seen:

[PLAIN]http://learnsomethingnewtoday.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/amc-pacer.jpg

[PLAIN]http://chrisescars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/5.-pontiac-aztek.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


FrancisZ said:
As a kid, I used to dream of owning one of these old mean beasties...

buick.png



This, I believe, is a '76 Buick Electra; one which has been nicely modified (slightly). Beautiful black paint job.
My grandmother had a slightly older Buick Electra, and she was a danger. 325 hp for a lead-footed old lady was way too much. She had an alarm on her speedometer, and she kept it set above 80 mph because she didn't like listening to it. Back then, the top speed limit around was 60 mph. My grandfather bought her that boat because she was even more of a terror in her Buick Wildcat, and he thought the Electra was more crash-worthy. He had a wrecker service, so he saw a LOT of wrecks.
 


IMP said:
Here are the two ugliest vehicles I have ever seen...

Oh, I see your Pacer; and I raise you the fugliest Dodge ever...

nett62f.jpg


[PLAIN]http://www.foundationpc.com/cars/1962ken/62lftfrt.jpg

...behold: the '62 Dart; which looks like what you'd get if a nice car like a Thunderbird got drunk and mated with an Edsel.

On top of that, the 60's Dodge logo made these cars look like they came out of the Klingon Empire...

[URL]http://www.taillightking.com/images/Hood-FenderOrnaments/63_2779705_Polara_NOS_HoodOrn.jpg[/URL]

*shivers*

[URL]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Fratzog.jpg/120px-Fratzog.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/19/9/AAAACyzs5LYAAAAAABmZlw.jpg?v=1229235674000[/URL]"Oooh...is a battool quiser"

408405376_b34830efe3_o.jpg


"Now if only it came with a cloaking device...or at least a giant paper bag."
 
Last edited by a moderator:


FrancisZ said:
Oh, I see your Pacer; and I raise you the fugliest Dodge ever...
In high-school I had a steady GF for a while whose grandmother had one of these, in a crappy mud color. She used to be able to use it any time she wanted, so we spent a lot of time parked in remote fields and off back roads. It was ugly, but it was a mobile love-nest. The back seat was pretty roomy if you moved the front seat up, and the front seat was OK, since there was no center console, like the bucket-seat cars of the 60s.
 


turbo-1 said:
In high-school I had a steady GF for a while whose grandmother had one of these, in a crappy mud color. She used to be able to use it any time she wanted, so we spent a lot of time parked in remote fields and off back roads. It was ugly, but it was a mobile love-nest. The back seat was pretty roomy if you moved the front seat up, and the front seat was OK, since there was no center console, like the bucket-seat cars of the 60s.

Well, I would have to say, that most of my experience in a backseat was with my feet on the hump trying not to throw up (I was the youngest for a long time, and always got stuck there).

Some back seats that are too small...for anything...

(1) Jeep Wrangler

(2) Chevy Cavalier coupe
 


And odd combination of choices don't you think?
lamborghini-reventon-2008-769322.jpg


[PLAIN]http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00222/Rolls-Royce_Phantom_222156c.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Come on guys, you are all forgetting the massive opulence of chrome. The 1959 Cadillac Eldorado. Or another great rare car was the 1963 Chrysler Turbine Car, that was one nice looking car with some good performance numbers for its time.
 


Argentum Vulpes said:
Or another great rare car was the 1963 Chrysler Turbine Car, that was one nice looking car with some good performance numbers for its time.

Doesnt suit my taste. looks tooooo old!:eek:

Though it was a masterpiece in its time!
 


FrancisZ said:
I really more love the classics...

57fury2.jpg


That's my American-ness showing, I guess.

The yruF? Who made that? :confused: :smile:

It reminds me of the 1957 (I think) Chevy Bel Air that my uncle had when I was a kid. Two-tone turquoise (or light green?) and white.
 


jtbell said:
The yruF? Who made that? :confused: :smile:

It reminds me of the 1957 (I think) Chevy Bel Air that my uncle had when I was a kid. Two-tone turquoise (or light green?) and white.

Chrysler. To be more precise, it's either a Plymouth Belvedere or Fury (I have a hard time telling them apart).

Truly, the late 50's was the age of fins! And no car more that the '59 Caddies...

[PLAIN]http://vikram-rao.com/Cars/Cars_59Caddy.jpg

It's like bat wings.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


This one's really caught my eye!
The GINA Light Visionary Model is a fabric-skinned shape-shifting sports car concept built by BMW. GINA stands for "Geometry and functions In 'N' Adaptations".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_GINA

bmw-gina-concept-car2.jpg


350px-BMW_Gina_Museum.jpg


Though i wouldn't call it the best looking car around..
 


I saw that GINA on TV (probably Discovery Channel) a year or two back. While the permutations are limited, I must admit that it is a truly evil-looking creature. I love it!
 


Danger said:
I saw that GINA on TV (probably Discovery Channel) a year or two back. While the permutations are limited, I must admit that it is a truly evil-looking creature. I love it!

"Creature" was the first adjective that came to mind when I saw it. If I were to be more precise, I'd call it an alien insect of some sort. I do agree, the shape of the cut-outs for the headlights do give it an "evil" look.
 


Dembadon said:
the shape of the cut-outs for the headlights do give it an "evil" look.

Especially when it winks at you. :biggrin:
 


The legend said:
Anyone like shoes?
Yes?

I thought that I'd seen just about every weird thing turned into a vehicle, but that's a new one on me.

Just out of curiosity, am the only one here who ever felt the perverse desire to shoehorn a hemi into a Lada?
 


Danger said:
Just out of curiosity, am the only one here who ever felt the perverse desire to shoehorn a hemi into a Lada?


maybe yes... i thought i would make it a dodge! :biggrin:
 


The legend said:
maybe yes... i thought i would make it a dodge! :biggrin:

V-8 in a Miata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsh4cEhEWlg
 


Ill maybe snap some photos tomorrow or something. It's a 94 prelude vtec.
 


Proton Soup said:
V-8 in a Miata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsh4cEhEWlg

Cool! I love these kinda car modifications!