What type of plastic is this and where can I find it?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
fattyboa
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have somewhat of a difficult question. First of all I have to say I am not an engineer. I need help in identifying this type of plastic. I am well aware that visual identification alone is almost impossible but any help would do. If possible, could one provide a supplier of this kind?
This is the plastic in question: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4225/plasr.jpg
It does have a smell so I assume it is a phenolic kind that changes color under different lighting. The only info I found is that it was made in Germany and is quite old.

Thank you for any help
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Probably one of http://vintagejewelrylane.com/information/vintageplastics.htm"
 
Last edited by a moderator: