What type of satellite orbit measures ozone over Antarctica?

  • Thread starter Thread starter liaminho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Orbits Satellite
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
liaminho
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What type of orbit would be used for a scientific satellite which needs to take regular readings to measure changes in the concentration of ozone gas in the stratosphere over Antarctica?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
We can help with homework, but we can't do it for you.
What do you think?
 
Well I put down an elliptical orbit, i just wanted to see if I was correct.
 
Well, all orbits are technically ellipitcal. I suspect the teacher was looking for something more specific.

- Warren
 
Think about what parts of the planet different types of orbits will pass over. How do satellites manage to look down upon the poles?
 
http://marine.rutgers.edu/mrs/education/class/paul/orbits2.html

this one's better ^^