What type of sciences I would need to be an archaeologist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter atOnz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Type
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
atOnz
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I'm just curious about what type of sciences I would need to be an archaeologist. I love history/english which are my strong points academically and I'm not really a fan of the sciences/maths but I am still curious what I might need.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.princetonreview.com/cte/profiles/dayInLife.asp?careerID=10
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think they spent so much time in the lab as that website says. Good to know though.
 
geololgy, geography, antrhopology, world history, local history (pertaining to your interests)

not so important, and depending on your specialization:
some biology and ecology might help too, but I don't know how far archeology overlaps social theory, political economy might be good too, as well as theology.