What type of suspension does the Porsche 911 have?

  • Topic: Automotive 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mehdi karami
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Suspension
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
mehdi karami
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey guys .

Does anybody know about the type of car suspension in porsche 911 ?

I want to analyse the forces on its suspension , So i have to know that it's active ,semi active or passive suspension ?
Can I choose one of them arbitrarily?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"Proper" Porsche 911s have torsion bar suspension with telescopic dampers, this is a passive system.
 
Tank you veryyyyyy much,

So would u please tell me how can i get some technical data of its coil spring and damper , such as dimensions , damper coefficients, spring rate , moment of interia ,etc ?
 
Well, it doesn't have a coil spring. Like I said, it's a torsion bar arrangement.

You could try getting in touch with Porsche for that kind of technical information.