What types of accessories can I use to grip materials with a force gauge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mercus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Mercus
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I use this type of force tester: http://www.qualityforcegauges.com/force-gauges/
I’d like to ask you how I can replace some accesories to force gauges. I mean what type of tools (grip) I can use instead of chrome vise grip?. I need use some grip to make an analysis of materials strength (like a leather, jeans etc.) for my study but I don’t have any idea what type of device use to grip materials with fore gauge. Have you any idea?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Mercus-

In viewing their website, it seems that the company that makes your force gauge sells a variety of accessories. I would look at the C-clamp or even Roller Grip if that would work. I believe I have seen others use this brand, Torbal, with a test stand too. Hope this helps! :)

Heres' the subpage I found http://www.torbalscales.com/industrial/force-gauges/test-stand-attachments.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: