What will happen between now and 2020?

• News
  • Thread starter Phrak
  • Start date
In summary: Illuminati" controlling the world's events?In summary, many new calendars will be printed and consumed, almost all of which will have month names printed on each page, and the number 3 will appear repeatedly. Touch screens will be replaced by smell screens, and developers will tout their informational density. Apple will release the new iTampon. Someone will claim "voting fraud" at some election somewhere in the world. Japan will drift further out to sea in response to more weird stuff coming out of the Koreas. People will complain about things they don't understand. USB 3.0 will resist widespread adoption for a while, but Skynet
FlexGunship said:
Tropicana will drinkify snacks. However, what they never counted on, was that they would also snackify drinks!

1142710531_2hmwb-L.jpg

Source: Penny Arcade

Have you seen the other two? :rofl:
#2: "I had developed the FIFTH MATTER. Solid. Liquid. Gas. Plamsa. And now, SLYRUP."

#3: "I had drinkified a snack, yes- but I had also snackified a drink. The result was a localized snackularity. And I was the very eye of the storm." (PA)

I really hope that dark matter doesn't turn out to be Slyrup.

Physics news on Phys.org
nismaratwork said:
Have you seen the other two? :rofl:

I never miss Penny Arcade nor xkcd.

FlexGunship said:
I never miss Penny Arcade nor xkcd.

Amen brother! *terrorist fist bump*

note: I watch too much 'Psych'...

nismaratwork said:
Amen brother! *terrorist fist bump*

note: I watch too much 'Psych'...

HIJACK!

pep_rally.png

FlexGunship said:
HIJACK!

pep_rally.png

:rofl: I call that a good hijack!

nismaratwork said:
The result was a localized snackularity.

Wasn't that the focus of a really bad Disney film circa 1979?

jarednjames said:
Well for me that already exists. Not a fan of fruit WhoWee?

I have a rule - never trust anything out of a vending machine that isn't in a vac sealed package.

mugaliens said:
Wasn't that the focus of a really bad Disney film circa 1979?

:rofl: I can't argue the point.

WhoWee: Smart... food poisoning is so miserable...
I'll take my fruit in fruit form, as fruit... from a purveyor of food... and fruits.

Barring that, I'll drink juice before I choke down SLYRUP. :tongue:

I checked, and no one has taken this one yet:

What will happen?...

Dogs and Cats... together... CARNALLY! *theremin music*

Arizona has stopped paying for most transplants for medicaid patients. I predict that by 2020 more than 30 other states will do the same.

PhilKravitz said:
Arizona has stopped paying for most transplants for medicaid patients. I predict that by 2020 more than 30 other states will do the same.

I hate what AZ is doing, but is it in fact MOST transplants? I was under the impression that it was a small minority: liver, lung, and complete bone-marrow.

nismaratwork said:
I hate what AZ is doing, but is it in fact MOST transplants? I was under the impression that it was a small minority: liver, lung, and complete bone-marrow.

How long do you need to live in CA to qualify for their benefits? I heard a commentator say Berkley officials want to pay for sex change operations too - anyone familiar?

WhoWee said:
How long do you need to live in CA to qualify for their benefits? I heard a commentator say Berkley officials want to pay for sex change operations too - anyone familiar?

Not at all, sorry... CA politics changes so quickly I can't keep up.