What would happen if dark energy was injected into a black hole?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
saitzan
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
As I understand it, if you were to inject lots of dark energy into the molten core of a planet, the planet would inflate like a bubble over time until the forces of dark energy and gravity were in balance or until the bubble popped. If you were to inject dark energy into the interior of a black hole, what would happen?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
saitzan said:
As I understand it, if you were to inject lots of dark energy into the molten core of a planet, the planet would inflate like a bubble over time until the forces of dark energy and gravity were in balance or until the bubble popped. If you were to inject dark energy into the interior of a black hole, what would happen?
You cannot "inject" dark energy into anything. It's not something you can corral and coerce into doing your bidding, so your question makes no sense.
 
Its weird. Whenever I ask a question on a physics forum I always get two or three obsessive compulsives that don't understand what’s going on answering a question I didn't ask before someone comes along with something intelligent.
 
saitzan said:
Its weird. Whenever I ask a question on a physics forum I always get two or three obsessive compulsives that don't understand what’s going on answering a question I didn't ask before someone comes along with something intelligent.
This is possibly due to the fact that
phinds said:
your question makes no sense
In order to get even close to an answer, one had to make so many assumptions on what is still unknown that a every answer would be meaningless. The only intelligent answer is
phinds said:
your question makes no sense

Speculations and thus the question isn't covered by our rules without a scientific basis, i.e. some mainstream science in whose context a discussion could be settled.

Thread closed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, davenn and phinds