What would u do if u gained telekinesis

• Thread starter robo_man
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of having telekinetic powers and what one would do with them. One person mentions wanting to use their powers to end corruption on the planet, while another shares a story about individuals with different superpowers and the consequences they faced. The conversation ends with a quote about the responsibility that comes with having great power.
robo_man
if you were to gain full telekinetic powers where would you go and what would you do?
i would end all corruption on the planet and would not hide it.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean with telekinetic powers? Moving things around without touching them?
I don't see how you could end corruption with that.

I wrote a story once where several people were given any superpower they wished for.

The guy that wished he could fly drowned in the ocean because he got lost and very tired.
The guy who wished for super strength ended up pretty much destroying everything.
The guy who wished for invisibility ended up hearing all the terrible things people would say about him, then decided to go into crime, and of course realized this would require being naked, attempted to break into a store, which turned out to not be so easy, and knocked himself unconscious with a large cinder block, and, becoming visible again, was found naked the next morning.

One person though - asked for the ability to be able to do one thing. "I want to be able to close people's car windows when they leave them open in the rain."

He was the true superhero.

"With great power..."

-Dave K

What is telekinesis?

Telekinesis is the ability to move objects with your mind, without physically touching them.

How would telekinesis benefit me?

Having telekinesis could be beneficial as it would give you the ability to perform tasks without physically exerting yourself. It could also be useful in emergency situations where you need to move or manipulate objects quickly.

What are some potential risks or dangers of having telekinesis?

One potential risk is losing control and accidentally harming yourself or others with the objects you are moving. Another risk is being targeted by those who may want to exploit your abilities for their own gain.

How can I learn or develop telekinesis?

There is no scientific evidence that telekinesis is a real ability, so it cannot be learned or developed. However, there are some techniques and exercises that some people believe can help enhance their perceived telekinetic abilities.

What ethical considerations should be taken into account when using telekinesis?

As with any ability, it is important to consider the potential consequences of using telekinesis. It is important to use this ability responsibly and ethically, and to always consider the well-being and safety of yourself and others.