What would you do with a $500 million lottery win?

  • Thread starter Thread starter grantwilliams
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Job lottery
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
AnTiFreeze3 said:
I can't really argue with everything else, seeing as I would be arguing against facts, but his issue wasn't with over-representation, he was merely bringing up the fact that, if you compare the number of Muslims to Jews, then proportionally speaking, there should statistically be far more Muslim recipients than a measly two.

He (and myself) were not expressing some personal vendetta about Jews being awarded too many Nobel Prizes, that would be unethical.

Here's a link to the video, so that you can judge it for yourself, if you wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3mtDC2fQo

(I'm using a tablet right now, so I can only access the mobile version of the video. If it becomes necessary, then I'll edit it later and add the normal link.)

I haven't watched the video yet, I'll try to watch it later. But fair enough, and I apologise for misunderstanding your intent. :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Pkruse said:
I'd park the money someplace safe for one year and spend that time studying my options. The I'd make a decision.

Agreed!
 
I would [censored]

Containment said:
President of the United States 500 mill should be enough to buy that job right?

$800 Million Target for Romney Campaign and Republican Committee

9:28 p.m. | Updated A new joint fund-raising initiative between Mitt Romney and the Republican National Committee will aim to raise $800 million by November, part of what Mr. Romney’s campaign estimates will be a total of $1 billion spent to defeat President Obama and elect Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor...
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...for-romney-campaign-and-republican-committee/
 
"I'd take half of it, buy a zillion cases of beer, call a bunch of hookers, and invite all my friends over for the wildest night of partying ever.

And the rest of it I'd probably just fritter away."

- wish I could remember whose quote this is