1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's a good book to better grasp physics?

1. Jun 6, 2015 #1
    Hi there,
    I am a sophomore in college and this summer I'm taking University Physics II . I barely survived through "Phys I' and though I grasped the concepts fairly well thanks to "Physic for Science & Engineers by Serway" I struggled applying that knowledge on to problems. Largely because I wasn't use to the jargon & it was my first physics class ever. Are there any good reference books that'll help in the problem solving area of Physics 2. Something with thorough explanations would be great. Thank you :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2015 #2
    Serway also has physics II in it... it really helped me to understand the concepts better as well.

4. Jun 6, 2015 #3

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

If you're struggling with jargon and terminology, then Google is your friend. If you ever encounter a term with which you are unfamiliar, just search for it and you'll find some kind of explanation of it. Wikipedia has many wonderful resources for things like this.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook