What's more important: your thumb drive or your wallet?

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Could you afford to lose your 'jump' drive?

She found her master’s degree in a trash can
Pretty good thinking and some persistence ..... borne out of desparation, of course. :rofl:

Answers and Replies

rachmaninoff
Only one copy of a finished thesis? No backups? They should arrest her for criminal negligence.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Sweet jesus, I always make sure I have a backup even of a 500 word document...

Pengwuino
Gold Member
My flash drive is full of mathematica notebooks which i probably could find 4 other copies of in my house or at my university.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Grad school never came easily to Cerniglia, who majored in dance as part of the University of Maryland's Class of 1986, became a personal trainer and returned to the school in her forties for a master's degree in exercise physiology.
Well she obviously wasn't too bright in the first place....

Be back later, gonna back up some stuff:redface:

rachmaninoff
For critical documents, I have a copy on a hard drive, a flash drive, a file server, and two seperate email servers (one of them is gmail). It takes no effort to do this.

rachmaninoff
Pengwuino said:
Well she obviously wasn't too bright in the first place....
Seems a good assessment. :tongue2:

russ_watters
Mentor
rachmaninoff said:
Only one copy of a finished thesis? No backups? They should arrest her for criminal negligence.
Seriously - have nothing anywhere near that important, and I keep backups!

cronxeh
Gold Member
Ahem.. *cough*

if she only had one copy, then she is not intelligent enough to achieve a Masters. Yeap, those are my 2 cents and dont you dare stealing them :grumpy:

rachmaninoff
cronxeh said:
Ahem.. *cough*
if she only had one copy, then she is not intelligent enough to achieve a Masters. Yeap, those are my 2 cents and dont you dare stealing them :grumpy:
Well DUH. :tongue2:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cronxeh said:
Ahem.. *cough*
I'd have to agree. Geez, your thesis is the sort of thing where you keep copies of every draft, hard copies, electronic copies, copies on three different forms of media, a copy at home, a copy at the lab, a copy in the car, and you'd risk your life running into a burning building to save it. You'd never leave your only copy on something like a jump drive that could be damaged, and then leave it out of your sight for even a moment (she should have had it on a chain around her neck!) Though, the determination in finding it in a dumpster at Wendy's does make up for it a bit. :rolleyes:

cronxeh
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
I'd have to agree. Geez, your thesis is the sort of thing where you keep copies of every draft, hard copies, electronic copies, copies on three different forms of media, a copy at home, a copy at the lab, a copy in the car, and you'd risk your life running into a burning building to save it. You'd never leave your only copy on something like a jump drive that could be damaged, and then leave it out of your sight for even a moment (she should have had it on a chain around her neck!) Though, the determination in finding it in a dumpster at Wendy's does make up for it a bit. :rolleyes:

:uhh: I should call social services and have Franzbear transfered to some other parents.. I just dont feel he is safe living with you :devil:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cronxeh said:
:uhh: I should call social services and have Franzbear transfered to some other parents.. I just dont feel he is safe living with you :devil:
:cry: No, you can't take my wittle Fwanzbear away! I'd rescue him from a burning building too...even if I was the one to set the fire.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Did you read how she got it back? The credit cards? The interstate?? The dumpster???

I want to find this woman and befriend her - and be very near to her at all times - especially on airline flights.

This woman could sit in her bathtub and drop her toaster in the water - there'd be a city-wide power outage two seconds before.

Someone up there seriously, SERIOUSLY likes her.

rachmaninoff
Or maybe she made up the whole story?

rachmaninoff said:
Or maybe she made up the whole story?
I'm not sure how inclined police are to join in on publicity stunt hoaxes.