What's the difference between a mentor and a super mentor?

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date

G01

Homework Helper
Gold Member
I've heard both terms used to describe the forum moderators. Is there a difference between one or the other, or is super mentor a term from the bygone days of PF before my time?

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Astronuc: Physicist, Scientist, mentor. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of Gamma radiation alters his body chemistry."

Announcer: "And now when Astronuc grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs."

... super mentor........

Evo

Mentor
In the beginning...a mentor could only moderate posts in their own forum. A super mentor kind of floated between forums.

Then we all became super mentors and we all could moderate in any forum.

Then the name became meaningless and we are all now OMNIPOTENT MENTORS!!!

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Kind of like sonic with all the chaos emeralds.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Astronuc: Physicist, Scientist, mentor. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of Gamma radiation alters his body chemistry."

Announcer: "And now when Astronuc grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs."

... super mentor........
:rofl: :rofl: :cry: :rofl: Oh - that hurt! :rofl:

Actually, I'm a mild-mannered, nuts-and-bolts nuclear engineer with an interesting background. And I've only been a mentor for 5 weeks now.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Homework Helper
In the beginning...a mentor could only moderate posts in their own forum. A super mentor kind of floated between forums.

That's what the Overlords were called for a while until they took over the earth. (But for good reasons, I hasten to add!)

G01

Homework Helper
Gold Member

... super mentor........
:rofl::rofl:

Cool, this makes sense. But, Evo, do I sense a little power madness?!:eek:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's all about the tights and cape. Of course, some of us look better in that than others. :wink:

Danger

Gold Member
Evo, do I sense a little power madness?!:eek:
Naw, Evo doesn't care about power; it's just regular every-day madness.

As for Astro, just take his member photo, paint it green, draw in some heavy eyebrows... :uhh:

Evo

Mentor