Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's your favorite entertainment genre?

1. Jun 29, 2008 #1
    My favorite is probably fantasy. Big Lord of the Rings fan. I feel at home in a very specific niche, namely 'the historical + high fantasy epic tales genre.' What I dislike is science fiction. All of it, all of it!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't have a favorite. A few that I'm not fond of are biographies and non-fiction sob stories (I don't know what they're really called).

I think I lean toward mystery, thriller type stuff, but also enjoy romances (especially the historical ones...which are not at all historically accurate), and fantasy. I actually start to get bored if I read too much of one genre, so prefer to buy books from a variety of genres. I do the same with music, get bored of too much of the same genre, so mix it up...rock, country, blues, jazz, classical, etc.

4. Jun 29, 2008 #3
    I'd definitely have to say science fiction. There's some good horror movies and some REALLY good comedy ones. It just seems as though most of my favorite shows and movies are scifi based.

5. Jun 30, 2008 #4
    I like all sorts. I think my favourites are probably satire and dark humour though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?