When is the total C-parity of two particles the product?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Coffee_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Particles Product
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Coffee_
Messages
259
Reaction score
2
Let's say I have two particles A and B and I want to find the total charge parity of the system ##C_{AB}##. In what cases is it allowed to say ##C_{AB}=C_{A}.C_{B}##?

I suspect that if A and B are their own antiparticles, then that is OK.

Is this even the case when the system has a relative angular momentum?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Coffee_ said:
I suspect that if A and B are their own antiparticles, then that is OK.
A and B must be their own antiparticles in order for C[A] and C[ B] to make sense... otherwise the action of charge conjugation will change your eigenstate and so "eigenvalues" won't make much sense...

Coffee_ said:
Is this even the case when the system has a relative angular momentum?
yes it is