Where can I find information about Population III stars?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Cerenkov
Messages
387
Reaction score
102
Hello.

I've performed a Google search on the subject of Population III stars and come up with some results. But I'd now like to go a little further. Could I please be directed to articles and/or papers on this subject, so that I can further my interest?

Thank you for any help given.

Cerenkov.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I've just followed your link Tom and lots of interesting stuff has come up.

Population III stars: hidden or disappeared?​

L Tornatore, A Ferrara… - Monthly Notices of the …, 2007 - academic.oup.com
… deposition of both Population II and Population III stars. We find … ; as a result, Population III
star formation continues down to z… of the Population II one); and (ii) Population III star formation …
https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) Cited by 277 Related articles All 11 versions
HTML:
 harvard.edu[/URL]
[HEADING=2][HTML] [URL='https://adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1984ApJ...277..445C']Cosmological consequences of [B]Population III stars[/B][/URL][/HEADING]
BJ Carr, [URL='https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=bKrJyyUAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra']JR Bond[/URL], [URL='https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=mQavesEAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra']WD Arnett[/URL] - The Astrophysical Journal, 1984 - adsabs.harvard.edu
… The possibility that [B]Population[/B] [B]III[/B] [B]stars[/B] could be as massive as 102 M0, independent of whether
… In § [B]III[/B] we consider the generation of light by [B]Population[/B] [B]III[/B] [B]stars[/B]. We will show that, if the …
https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=7787301898208043889&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en']Cited by 487[/URL] [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=related:cWNqSdENEmwJ:scholar.google.com/&scioq=Population+III+stars&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5']Related articles[/URL] [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=7787301898208043889&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5']All 6 versions[/URL]
[URL='https://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/pdf/2002/04/aa1629.pdf'][PDF] aanda.org[/URL]
[HEADING=2][URL='https://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/abs/2002/04/aa1629/aa1629.html']On the properties of massive [B]Population III stars [/B]and metal-free stellar populations[/URL][/HEADING]
D Schaerer - Astronomy & Astrophysics, 2002 - aanda.org
… We present realistic models for massive [B]Population[/B] [B]III[/B] [B]stars[/B] and stellar populations based
on non-LTE model atmospheres, recent stellar evolution tracks and up-to-date evolutionary …
https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=6016614209547893869&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en']Cited by 920[/URL] [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=related:bXyrBr9Of1MJ:scholar.google.com/&scioq=Population+III+stars&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5']Related articles[/URL] [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=6016614209547893869&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5']All 5 versions[/URL]
[URL='https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1086/318663/pdf'][PDF] iop.org[/URL][URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?output=instlink&q=info:Dasv1PgSL1AJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&scillfp=16455986448373377796&oi=lle']Full View[/URL]
[HEADING=2][URL='https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1086/318663/meta']On the initial mass function of [B]population III stars[/B][/URL][/HEADING]
F Nakamura, M Umemura - The Astrophysical Journal, 2001 - iopscience.iop.org
… [B]Population[/B] [B]III[/B] [B]stars[/B] are related to various issues that are currently the object of considerable
attention. The luminous [B]Population[/B] [B]III[/B] [B]stars[/B] … suggested that [B]Population[/B] [B]III[/B] [B]stars[/B] were low mass…
https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) https://www.physicsforums.com/javascript%3Avoid(0) [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=5777857706860718861&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en']Cited by 417[/URL] [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=related:Dasv1PgSL1AJ:scholar.google.com/&scioq=Population+III+stars&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5']Related articles[/URL] [URL='https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=5777857706860718861&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5']All 7 versions[/URL]

...and much more.  

So, thank you very much!   

Cerenkov.