Where can I find Laminated sheets for coil core

In summary: No manufacturer will be interested in supplying the lamination material for only one transformer.Is there a new transformer available that will do the job? Why do you not buy that product?Most people who want an unusual transformer rewind a used transformer core to meet their specifications.
kancharla_g
I need to buy a 'I' shaped CRGO laminated core sheets, is there any website where I can buy online?

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

I would think they would be pretty easy to find. Have you just tried a Google search? Cores and laminations should hopefully be pretty easy to find. What are the dimensions you are looking for? Can you post the datasheet for the bobbin?

Hi Berkeman,
Thanks for the reply. Google search all selling wholesale min. 1 ton. Please suggest some websites. Do they also do customization according our requirement for hobby projects?

berkeman said:
Cores and laminations should hopefully be pretty easy to find. What are the dimensions you are looking for? Can you post the datasheet for the bobbin?
What is the application? What power levels, voltages, etc.? What physical size? You didn't post a link to the bobbin datasheet yet... Or will you be 3-D printing your own bobbins for these hobby projects? Do you have a hand-powered coil winder to wind the bobbins? What gauge wire will you be using?

No manufacturer will be interested in supplying the lamination material for only one transformer.

Is there a new transformer available that will do the job? Why do you not buy that product?

Most people who want an unusual transformer rewind a used transformer core to meet their specifications.
For many applications there are alternatives to laminated cores that are easier to fabricate without special tools.

How much power will your transformer handle, how big will the transformer be?

The thickness of the lamination material will be decided by frequency. You must therefor specify the application.
Will it be for a power supply, for audio or is it a pulse transformer?

A google search returns a lot of links for DIY transformers. Some of them even have calculators. I think you might find more specfic answers there than here on PF.

kancharla_g said:
I need to buy a 'I' shaped CRGO laminated core sheets, is there any website where I can buy online?

Thanks

For a one-off custom transformer I use online laser cutting service, have the laminates cut in thin sheet metal to your own design, it's the fastest and cheapest.

Likes berkeman
Have you looked on famaga? They sell industrial equipment and might have it.

• Skeptical
Likes berkeman
indigoer said:
Have you looked on famaga? They sell industrial equipment and might have it.
Can you provide a link into their website showing anything related to transformers and transformer construction? Thanks.

AutomationDirect is also an option, I know they have a lot to offer for electrical engineers. Famaga's a relatively new company that tries to compete with automationdirect.com and in order to acquire customers they have various of discount offers. I don't know much about transformers I just assumed they might have one. Just wanted to be helpful. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, but transformer parts are pretty specialized. You almost need to go to magnetics-centric companies to find them. Thanks for trying to be helpful, though, and Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Likes indigoer
Thank you :smile:

Likes berkeman
Check out Tempel Steel (https://www.tempel.com). They specialize in magnetic steel and components, AND they have a prototyping service.

• Informative
Likes berkeman

1. What are laminated sheets for coil core?

Laminated sheets for coil core are thin layers of material, typically made of steel, that are stacked and bonded together to form a coil core. This core is used in transformers and other electrical devices to help regulate and transfer electricity.

2. Where are laminated sheets for coil core commonly used?

Laminated sheets for coil core are commonly used in electrical devices such as transformers, motors, generators, and inductors. They are also used in other industries such as automotive, aerospace, and renewable energy.

3. Where can I purchase laminated sheets for coil core?

Laminated sheets for coil core can be purchased from various suppliers and manufacturers. You can find them online or at local hardware stores, electrical supply stores, or industrial supply stores. It is important to research and compare prices and quality before making a purchase.

4. What factors should I consider when choosing laminated sheets for coil core?

When choosing laminated sheets for coil core, you should consider the material, thickness, size, and shape of the sheets. The material should have high magnetic permeability and low electrical resistance. The thickness, size, and shape should be suitable for your specific application and device.

5. Can I make my own laminated sheets for coil core?

It is possible to make your own laminated sheets for coil core, but it requires specialized equipment and knowledge. It is recommended to purchase them from a reputable supplier to ensure quality and efficiency in your electrical devices.