Where Can I Find Resources for My Photonics Band Gaps Final Project?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
esradw
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
I need some advice for where to start my project which is about Photonics band gaps. I need to write a 10 pages paper on this subject. I am sure I will be asked a lot about the subject which won't even be in my paper so I need to learn about it as much as I can. But,unfortunatelly I don't know much about Photonics. Do you know any good webpages that gives information about this ?

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Personally I'd start in the library and find a good textbook with some background about photonics in it then perhaps a couple of recent papers on the subject. Its important you get a grounding even if it is the most basic in the subject area first from an introductory text. It is also important for the project since you'll have to show usually in the opening sections what the physical overview of the subject is.

The internet sources are perhaps best for seeing where recent research is heading in that particular field and I wouldn't use it for any more research than that.