Where Can I Find Rigorous Books on Physical Chemistry for Master's Level Study?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Jamister
Messages
58
Reaction score
4
I'm master physics student looking for books in physical chemistry for stuff like born Oppenheimer Approximation and more. Most books give hand-waving proofs and I'm looking for a book which is more rigorous.
Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Probably Levine, "Quantum Chemistry," has what you're after. A classic textbook.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jamister
Christopher Grayce said:
Probably Levine, "Quantum Chemistry," has what you're after. A classic textbook.
not really, I'm looking for a book for physicists.. maybe I should look for a book in molecular quantum mechanics.
 
That's why I gave you Levine. The people who study the quantum mechanics of molecules are chemists, and a rigorous book on physical chemistry is where you'll find the most careful explanation of the BO approximation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jamister