Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can I get data about stock trends?

1. Sep 21, 2011 #1
    I'm looking for a lot of data, preferably one version that is a year or more old and one that is current. The data I want is just the stats related to the stock. For example, the price, earnings, and anything else considered useful in stock analysis. I need the older version to have at least a few months worth of history for all the stats.

I want it because I want to do some research with machine learning AI and stock analysis. I need the data to train my AI. It has to be relatively old so I can use the current data to give the AI accurate feedback about long term trends.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2011 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Did you try Google?

4. Sep 21, 2011 #3
    From what I tried, there isn't much there. All I get is a lot about trends, but nothing about data. If you're talking about Google Finance, it's against their terms of service to access it with an automated program.

5. Sep 21, 2011 #4

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Sep 21, 2011 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

7. Sep 21, 2011 #6
    Thanks, but I'm trying not to violate any TOS's.

6.f: You agree to not use the Yahoo! Services to interfere with or disrupt the Yahoo! Services or servers or networks connected to the Yahoo! Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Yahoo! Services, including using any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html

8. Sep 22, 2011 #7

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

How much data do you need that you can't just manually get it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook