Bladibla
- 362
- 1
Couple of months ago there was a thread on Orange moons (but not bears), with http://home.hiwaay.net/~krcool/Astro/moon/moonorange/ website showing a ..giant moon.
Does anyone know where in the world i can see such large moons?
Does anyone know where in the world i can see such large moons?
when I saw the moon ahead of me, only the top half was visable over the horizon but the moon filled my entire visual field - this was no optical illusion (in the perceptual sense), I am sure it must be due to some kind of lensing effect, like a mirage due to the heat of the day. It really looked like it was about to crash into the earth, you could seee enormous detail, it was a very sharp image. It might have been orange color, I'm not sure. I am amazed that I cannot find a photo similar to what I saw - shame this was all before we had digital cameras on our mobiles!