Where Do Things Disappear To? Measuring Cups, Socks, and Mechanical Pencils

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
65 replies · 8K views
Redbelly98 said:
The PF Brotherhood is a secr--er, I mean no, there is no Brotherhood at PF. Uh, that I'm aware of. :blushing:
Next you'll blab the secret handshake. Sheesh! Not that there is one.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I have to buy more measuring cups. I have 4 nested sets and the 1/4 cup measure is missing from three of the sets...

You are too funny :smile: The easiest way to stop runnaway measuring cups (and spoons too) is to attach them all together with a metal ring (similar to a key ring). They often come sold with a ring attached. (If you take them off the ring to use them, all bets are off. )

For lost socks, I would check behind the bed. I suspect a few are hiding back there..
The solution to your lost socks coincidentally is the same.. Several years ago, I was given some sock rings. You pair them through a ring before tossing in the laundry basket. Since I started with these rings, I've never lost a sock.

I don't enjoy whenever my mechanical pencils wander off too. Those I'm particularly fond of, never leave my desk. All the rest have to take their chances.
 
Last edited:
Ouabache said:
I don't enjoy whenever my mechanical pencils wander off too. Those I'm particularly fond of, never leave my desk. All the rest have to take their chances.
I can live with most lost mechanical pencils, as long as my favorite hangs around. It is a Caran D'ache Fixpencil by Proceq SA, Zurich. It is the most low-tech mechanical pencil you can imagine, but it's bulletproof. I still have one of the original Swiss-made leads in it - might be a bear to find replacements these days.
 
turbo-1 said:
I still have one of the original Swiss-made leads in it - might be a bear to find replacements these days.
Couldn't you cast them yourself using a teeny mold? :biggrin:

Break out the lead-ware Martha, and I mean the good stuff; I'll need it all if we're going to get through this night alive...
 
DaveC426913 said:
Couldn't you cast them yourself using a teeny mold? :biggrin:

Break out the lead-ware Martha, and I mean the good stuff; I'll need it all if we're going to get through this night alive...

:smile:

Good stuff, Dave.