1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where i can study a master on mathematics?

1. Aug 13, 2011 #1
    Where i can study a master on mathematics?????

I'm going to start to send my applications forms for my master and i'd like to know which universities can be a good option ... please any comment about this it's helpful to me

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2011 #2
    Re: Where i can study a master on mathematics?????

Where do you want to go / where do you live / what would you like to specialize in? People would love to help you but they need a little more information other than the fact that you wish to get a Masters in Mathematics.

4. Aug 13, 2011 #3

i'd like to study either the US or England i live in Mexico there are many opportunities for mexicans studying science and I want to make use of them, i think i have a decent curriculum so i think i don't have a big problem due to it , i'd like to study differential geometry, geometric algebra and related topics, also i'd like to ask about schools to study theoretical physics in the countries that i said above

5. Aug 13, 2011 #4

Is there some type of 'list' of all universities which specifically have a M.A. program for Math? (as opposed to universities that give out M.A.s on the way to a Ph.D)

I'm also pretty curious since I might apply for a M.A. program next year. I only know the good grad schools (PhD) for each concentration, but the majority of them don't specifically offer M.A. programs. I think Berkeley is a notable exception, but I don't know many like that.

6. Aug 13, 2011 #5

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey there Casco and welcome to the forums.

It depends on things like your marks and also the area that you want to study.

Schools will specialize in different areas and this should be taken into account when you decide who you will apply to. When deciding look at the faculty and see what their strengths are and the areas associated with those.

Are you interested more in pure, applied, or statistics?

7. Aug 13, 2011 #6

Thanks for the advise, maybe I have a little confusion maybe here in Mexico the things are a little different with respect to the Masters, I have a confusion with that but I will see later about that perhaps the right question could had been the last that I quoted. My answer to that I think is Pure, Any suggestion??? Or any university with a strong pure mathematics department?.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook