Where is oct.h in Octave on Fedora 16?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DonaldD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    C++ Octave
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
DonaldD
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I'm using Fedora 16 and installed Octave thru Yum.
There is an example in the Octave manual of using Octave with C++ and it #includes a oct.h file.
However, the Fedora build may not have compiled the oct.h library ? or I'm searching in the wrong places.
Has anyone had any experience of this and does anyone know or can suggest a workaround ?
Just point me in a direction if you can please.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey DonaldD and welcome to the forums.

You should note that header files are never compiled: only source files with a .c, .cpp, or similar are compiled.

Header files are usually packed only with definitions and even if they do include any code, they are never compiled into a source object file so if you are worried about compilation issues with this .h, you don't need to.

Can you point us to a link regarding this header file and information?
 
Just got a reply from another forum. solved it. There was a missing library.
I know, the header is not compiled. It's just a textual definition file. Just the way I worded it.
If you still want to look at this, it's in the Octave manual, either the Homepage or on sourceforge