Where is Tau Ceti Located in the Night Sky?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Chinspinner
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 1K views
Chinspinner
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am writing a (hardish) sci-fi piece but I do not have a science background. Looking at the night sky, in which constellation, and exactly where would Tau Ceti appear?

Thanks in advance.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thank you for your response. I know it might seem obvious to some, but I literally have no background in science. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to provide a useful link.
 
Chinspinner said:
Looking at the night sky, in which constellation, and exactly where would Tau Ceti appear?

Tau Ceti is in the constellation Cetus. (That's where the "Ceti" comes from)
 
I guess the reason for your interest must be that the star is fairly similar to the Sun, it's not very far away, and there is some evidence that it may have planets.
Yes,this is good material for a sci story, imo.