Where Should I Pursue a PhD in Theoretical Physics Focusing on Black Holes?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
off-diagonal
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Now , I study theoretical physics in graduate level, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to pursue my PhD. I'm very interest to do the research about black hole or gravitational physics. Could anyone suggest some proper place for me?

How about Max Planck for gravitational physics?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Max Planck is an Institute, not a university. You can work on your PhD with researchers there, but they don't grant PhDs - you'll have to do so while enrolled at an actual university (check out Munich Technical University and the university in Heidelberg that works with MPI). I have several friends doing this, and I've been working with MPI on and off as well.