Where to Buy 10-Pin Female Flat Ribbon Cables [ooooo]

  • Thread starter Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cables Flat
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I have a couple of those that i used on my CSE210 class. I got them from the CSE department, i don't think i was supposed to keep them, but whatever. Do you have access to a Computer Engineering department? They might be able to get you a couple.
 
Actually mine have 16 pins and are male, they look exactly like this:
http://www.cse.uconn.edu/cse/Courses/CSE208W/References/Components/RibbonCable.html

There must be an online store that sells yours though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There's a couple of pretty old ones sitting around at work, but i can't take them. :-p
I think they sell the ribbon cable and the connectors separately. So you want a 10 wire ribbon cable and a female 10 slot DIP connector or something like that. I think your best bet is a local hardware/electronics store.
 
Last edited:
Here are two sites that look like they might sell what you're looking for:

http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/TE/bin/TE.Connect?C=18718&M=FEAT
http://www.connectworld.net/cables_u/ribbon_cables.html

(I just used Google to search :biggrin:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I tried google but couldn't find anything to my satisfaction. It would be nice to have it pre-assembled, but I guess I'm going to have to get the ribbon and header separately and then built it myself.
 
http://www.newark.com/"

http://www.mcmaster.com"

and

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1"

are all good places to look for such things.
 
Last edited by a moderator: