Where to find explanations of physics principles and when to apply them

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adamantus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Adamantus
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I'm a freshman in physics at Notre Dame. What I have noticed is that no one knowledgeable in physics actually explains the principles. Instead, as an example,my professor will say something like, "And so, this allows you to derive this equation." But he doesn't ever explain the "why" behind the equations, so I never know exactly when to apply them.

Is there any help site online that actually explains the principles and why one would use them? Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hey man, there are no specific sites that i know of. either ask them here or google them. sorry I am not much help
 
Try http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Note that your professor has given you the "why" for why the derivable equation is, indeed, valid.

When would you like the chain of whys to begin?