Where to find lift and drag formulas for hydrofoil design

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarkMageUnlimited
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
DarkMageUnlimited
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have been assigned a project where I have to locate and explain the general formulas, such as lift and drag, used in creating a hydrofoil. I have been looking around for days and I can't find anything. Does anyone have any book suggestions or places I can look on the web that might have this information? Thank you for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Foil Simulator

I found a free hydrofoil simulator that I am working with. But I posted here the values it calculated and I am trying to get a verification on the results. And also a real world opinion such as" Yes the values are correct for the input, but the foil is in a stalled state".
www.hydrofoils.org and click on the lift tutorial and open the spreadsheet link.