MathematicalPhysicist said:
...
My motives are pure... :!)
Of course, everybody's motives are pure.
Some women researchers in background independent QG (nonstring) are
Renate Loll (Utrecht)
Fotini Markopoulou (Perimeter)
Bianca Dittrich (AEI Potsdam)
Sabine Hossenfelder (Stockholm)
Fay Dowker (London)
Francesca Vidotto (Marseille)
Ruth Williams (Cambridge)
Kristina Giesel (Munich)
Elena Magliaro (Marseille)
Catherine Meusburger (Hamburg)
Luisa Doplicher (Leiden)I will try to think of some more. The names are listed in no particular order, more or less as they came to mind. I don't know of any list of specifically women QG researchers, but it would be easy to go down the list of participants at the Loops 2008 conference, or the recent QG Workshop at Zakopane, and find more names.
BTW when I take the time to make such a list, what it tells me is that there is something special about the German educational system. The French are doing an outstanding job at bringing up smart creative young QGs---I could give you a dozen names without trouble--on the whole they are the best of the new generation. But for some reason if you sort out the women you see that many of the top young people have passed through a suburb of Berlin called Potsdam, and then Utrecht. Something there has proven comparatively better at inspiring women to do hard innovative QG research. I have no idea what this could be. Some distinctive vitamin in the system. (Actually now I think of it, it might simply be the existence of Loll as a leader, mentor, and roll model---she was at Potsdam and is now at Utrecht. But it could also be something in the system of undergraduate education.)