Where to Find Research Opportunities - Haxx0rm4ster

  • Thread starter Thread starter Haxx0rm4ster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Research
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Haxx0rm4ster
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
uhhhh... What research??

Alright, so I've noticed some people have done research at "some" place.

I'd like to know where is it that those students go. Is it like summer programs at NASA, etc.?
I'd seriously like to get involved in one.
Thanks,

Haxx0rm4ster
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Many universities in the USA have summer REU (Research Experience for Undergraduate) programs, funded by the National Science Foundation. They pay a stipend and I think they provide on-campus housing if you need it. My department gets flyers for at least a couple dozen of these every year, from all over the country.

However, the application deadlines for most of these have probably passed by now. There might be some that have deadlines at the end of March. Google for "REU" and you'll probably turn up some leads.

Aha... here's where you can search for REU sites.
 
Last edited:
just about every physics department in the US and Canada I've seen has a sizable bulletin board stuffed full of posters and ads for places with summer research positions and programs for undergrads. Find the one in your department and check them out. Or check with your the physics department advisor. They'll usually have info on a bunch of programs too.
 
He's in high school, so those don't apply.