1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where to learn about Density of States?

1. Jul 23, 2012 #1
    I am the point where i need to learn about Density of states, how to explain the concept and how to then calculate it for different systems, however I am unable to find any texts that really explain it on an introductory level. If anyone knows any sources or text that have a good introductory explanation please could you recommend it to me. Currently I am only able to calculate for a single massive non relativistic particle in a cube. Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2012 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You need to enroll in a Solid State Physics class, using a text such as Kittel or Ashcoft and Mermin.

Zz.

4. Jul 24, 2012 #3
    Thank you for the help,I will be looking at those books and I will be enrolling in one of those classing in the fall, I was hoping to rea dup ont he subject before I went back to university Thank you for the help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook