Where to order chemistry supplies for a home lab

  • Thread starter Thread starter EProph
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
EProph
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know of a good website for ordering chemistry supplies?
Things like beakers, tubes, burners, etc., including various chemicals.

I'd like to set up a small "home lab" to aid my self-study but I have no idea where to go for these supplies.

Thanks!
EP
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
ebay.com
you can find just about anything you would want there, and a lot of the time, it is cheaper than the chemical supply companies.

but if you insist on an actual business to supply you needs, then,
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/
 
Sigma provides a lot of chemicals, but that's geared toward professional labs. You should be able to find what you need at Fisher's education site:
https://www1.fishersci.com/education/index.jsp

Keep in mind, it gets expensive quickly. mrjeffy's suggestion of trying ebay, at least for the glassware, is a good one. I'd be more hesitant to buy chemicals through ebay though.
 
Last edited by a moderator: