Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where would the best place to put this be?

1. Mar 4, 2014 #1
    For fun, I'm writing an article, as mathematically formal as possible, which, at the end, gives a rigorous definition of "coolness."

Anyways, there's a thing I'm having difficulty coming up with a definition for, and I wanted to ask for help. However, since this for a parody paper, I feel that the mathematics forums are a bad place to post, but since it's rigorous and such, General Discussion seems out of place, too.

Does anyone have any idea where the best forum to ask is, or even if a question of this sort belongs on the PF at all?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2014 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

General Discussion seems fine, I guess. The mentors can still move it if it turns out to be not suitable.

4. Mar 4, 2014 #3

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

if you're truly cool, you'll look good anywhere! :smile:

i take it you've studied newton's law of coolness, and the fonzarelli series? :thumbs:

5. Mar 4, 2014 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

6. Mar 4, 2014 #5

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This is easy. You just define "uncoolness", and then define "coolness" as "not uncoolness" :biggrin:

7. Mar 4, 2014 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or, you could define "1", then multiply that by "coolness". Voila!

8. Mar 4, 2014 #7

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://brian.shaler.name/images/blog/coolness-graph.png [Broken]

Image compliments of http://brian.shaler.name/pages/blog/brian-shaler-is-not-cool/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook